Who doesn’t love a classic meal of meatballs with some spaghetti? However, to spice it up and bring out some gorgeous flavours a secret ingredient is required…lovely red wine! Adding some deep red wine will transform this classic dish into something you’ll always want to cook! It’s quick, easy and simple. If you have any other suggestions or your own additions to the meatball recipe, send it through on instagram!
Time to make: 30 Minutes
Meal type: Dinner
- 500g of Minced Lean Beef
- Spaghetti pasta (around a handful per person)
- 1 Whole Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Handfuls of Fresh Basil
- 400g of Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 200 ml of Red Wine
- Grab a large pan, heat up the olive oil.
- Once that is heating up, get the beef season with salt and roll it into some balls (any size is fine, size doesn’t always matter)
- Once the pan is hot and the beef is now made into meatballs stick them in the pan and flip occasionally in order to cook the beef through.
- As the beef is cooking, chop up some basil, onion and garlic, set aside until the beef is done.
- Once the beef is done, add in the onion and garlic into the beef fat and olive oil, it will taste amazing, trust me.
- In another pan, add in some salt and water, bring to a boil and put in your pasta.
- When the garlic and onion start giving out some gorgeous fragrances, add in the tomatoes, stir for some time and add in your basil. Keep it on a medium heat and let the water evaporate a little. Add in the wine, some more salt and pepper to taste.
- Once satisfied, add in the meat balls back and cook on low for 6 minutes.
- Once pasta and sauce is cooked through, sieve through and set on a plate, adding the sauce on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the remaining basil on top, and there you go!