It is officially spooky season, which also means soup season! I love soup and I do adore cheese and spice. I gave thought to soups over this month so many times and I landed on this one, the perfect spicy, cheesy, mustardy dish. This rich soup really danced on my taste buds. I recommend this to anyone who loves cheesy and spicy soup.
Time to make: 30 minutes
Meal type: Dinner
- 100 ml of Plant Based Milk
- 2 Tbsps of Flour
- Vegan Bacon
- 1 Tbsp of Chilli flakes or powder
- 1 Broccoli Head
- A drizzle of Oil
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- 2 Tbsps of Mustard
- 30g of Vegan Butter
- 50g of Vegan Cheese
- Take your vegan bacon add in a tiny amount of oil and cook until slightly crispy.
- Leave in grease from the bacon and oil, add in some butter, and stir.
- Once those have been combined, add in the plant based milk and flour to make roux.
- Add in the seasonings; salt, pepper and chilli.
- Take your broccoli, give it a rinse and steam it until soft.
- Once the broccoli is soft, strain it and add into the roux. Take some cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Get a blender, and blend until smooth. Once blended smooth, take some of the vegan bacon and add it in, give that a stir.
- Grab some mustard, add it in slowly and keep testing until you have a spicy and mustardy soup.
- Make some croutons; cut bread into small squares and toast it in a pan.
- To assemble, pour the soup into a bowl, add in some vegan bacon and croutons.