Steaks are not usually on top of rice nor are they spicy, but there are no rules to steak. Take a taste of this spicy eggplant steak, this dish is so simple but so tasty. This dish is quite filling and an amazing meal.
Time to cook: 20 Minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free
Meal Type: Dinner
- Spring onion
- Soy sauce
- Golden syrup
- Chilli Flakes
- Corn Flour
- Tomato paste
- Wash and boil the rice.
- To make the spicy and sweet sauce; take some soy sauce and golden syrup into a bowl, mix in with chilli powder and tomato paste. Chop some chillis and add into the sauce.
- Take the eggplant and gently cut horizontal and vertical lines into it.
- Lightly drizzle some oil into a pan and sear the eggplant.
- Once the eggplant has been seared, pour the spicy and sweet sauce over the eggplant. Take a spoon and keep coating the eggplant with the sauce like you would with steak.
- Serve the rice onto a plate once it has been cooked, on top add in the eggplant steak. Cut some spring onion and sprinkle on top.