Who doesn’t love fried rice? It’s like a staple food in everyone’s home because not only delicious but also simple and quick to make. Of course I tried to do a vegan alternative and I came up with Tofu Fried Rice. For those who may be allergic to egg this is also a great recipe.
Time to cook: 10 Minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free, Egg free
Meal type: Dinner
- 70g of Rice
- 140g of Tofu
- 4 Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsps of Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Spring onions
- 2 Tbsps of Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps of Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Sesame seeds
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 green Chillies
- Wash and cook your rice. Take some garlic and spring onions; chop and slice them.
- Drain the tofu and crumble it with your fingers. (This will be the egg)
- In a pan, drizzle some sesame oil, add in some garlic along with the tofu as well as some mushrooms.
- In a bowl, mix; rice vinegar, brown sugar, chillies and soy sauce.
- Take the cooked rice and add into the pan. Pour the saucy mixture into the pan and stir.
- Once cooked all the way through, serve into a dish, sprinkle some spring onion slices and sesame seeds.