I do love lemons, I am in love with pasta and gin is quite nice. So I paired these three unusual ingredients together along with some others and I made the perfect summer pasta. Since I made a pasta with wine, why not try gin. This dish is very light and amazing because it’s very tangy but also so simple to make. This dish took me 10 minutes to make. The ingredients and instructions for this lemon gin pasta are:
Time to make: 10 Minutes
Vegan, Guten Free
Meal type: Dinner
- Penne pasta
- Vegan butter
- Spring onion
- Nutritional yeast or vegan cheese
- Dice the onion.
- Spread some vegan butter on a pan an throw in the onion. Caramelize the onion for a while.
- Get your pasta cooking and made sure to add salt.
- Grab some lemon, shred the outside but not past the white skin as that will make the flavour of the pasta bitter. Add in those shreds as well as spring onion into the pan with the butter and onion. Stir around and take it off the heat.
- Once the pasta has been cooked, set aside some pasta water and place the pasta with the reserved pasta water into the pan. Mix the pasta, add in salt, pepper, some vegan cheese or nutritional yeast. Drizzle some gin and lemon juice in, turn it up high, stir for some time.
- Once the pasta and the sauce is up to your liking, place onto a serving dish. Add in some extra lemon juice on top with some lemon slices and spring onion.
- Bon Appétit.