I have never had wine pasta before. I was recommended to try it and I thought why not. Of course, this pasta had to be vegan. The tastes combined were a 10/10 from me. It was gorgeously subtle and there was no doubt that I would not share this dish with you. I honestly cannot recommend this enough.
Time to cook: 10 Minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free
Meal type: Dinner
- Red wine
- Tinned tomatoes
- Penne pasta
- Crushed chilli
- Oat milk
- Wash and all veggies. Dice the garlic and onion. Chop mushrooms and basil. Peel the carrot to make small shavings.
- Boil your pasta in some salty water.
- In a pan drizzle some oil. Take the onions, brown them. Once browned, take the mushrooms, carrot and basil, stir and cook until soft.
- Add in the tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, crushed chilli. Keep this on heat, add in some oat milk.
- Once the sauce has been made, take some pasta water, pour into the sauce and stir. Add in the chopped garlic for a fresh zing. Pour in some red wine. Stir slowly, taste regularly and add some wine if you wish.
- Serve your wine tomato pasta on a plate and decorate with some extra basil.