I love baked oats, how soft and warm they are, how gorgeously sweet. However, these baked oats were banana-less. I ran out of bananas but I still craved some oats, so I had to make something work. Even without the banana, these oats were such a great hit. The oats were nice and crunchy on top but inside they were lovely and gooey.
Time to make: 20 Minutes
Meal type: Breakfast
- Porridge oats
- Golden syrup
- Coconut milk
- Baking powder
- Dark chocolate
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Take an oven proof dish.
- In the dish mix the oats, coconut milk, baking powder and a dash of flour.
- Once it has been all mixed, add in some brown sugar, golden syrup and some chocolate.
- Slide the oats into the oven for a couple of minutes, keep checking on them. Once the top has browned, the oats may be ready, but check the inside to be warm.
- Once the oats have been cooked and browned, take them out of the oven.
- Decorate the oats with some chia seeds, peanut butter and raspberries.