Mushrooms are not usually seen in pesto pasta, but this time I decided to do something in order to make mushrooms more compatible with a pesto pasta. These stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer by themself or can be used in a pesto pasta like this one. I added some extra bits in there for a subtle taste mix and it turned out great. I cannot vouch enough for how tasty it really was.
Time to cook: 20 Minutes
Vegan, Gluten Free
Meal type: Dinner
- 100g of Penne Pasta
- 2 Tbsps of Basil Pesto
- A handful of Fresh Basil
- 50 ml of Coconut milk
- 6 Mushrooms
- 1/2 of an Avocado
- 1 Onion
- 30g of Sunflower seeds
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Garlic granules
- 1 Tsp of Chilli flakes
- A drizzle of Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
To make the mushrooms:
- Take some mushrooms, peel the skin.
- Season the mushrooms with, salt,pepper, garlic granules and chilli flakes.
- Drizzle some oil into a pan, add in the mushrooms. Cook until done, flip the mushrooms after some time to cook them evenly.
- Make some guacamole; mash up the avocado, dice the onion, sprinkle salt, pepper, chilli flakes and squeeze some lemon juice. Mix it all together.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked, stuff them with the guacamole.
To make the pesto pasta:
- Boil the penne pasta, add in salt to the water, save the salt water.
- Once the pasta is done, add in the pasta water, basil pesto and coconut milk. Stir until it has been mixed, put it back onto some heat.
- Season the pesto pasta with some salt and pepper.
- Serve the pesto pasta with some sunflower seeds and fresh basil.
- Pair with the stuffed mushrooms.