In the various ways that you can possibly make tofu, this recipe is great if you enjoy food that is slightly spicy and sweet. As a new lover of tofu, this type of tofu pairs amazing with rice. I loved this dish especially because it is sweet and light.
Time to cook: 20 Minutes
Meal type: Lunch/Dinner
- 140 g of Tofu
- 70 g of Rice
- A couple leaves of Iceberg lettuce
- 5 Tbsps of Dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbsps of Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps of Ginger
- 2 Tbsps of Sesame seeds
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Tsp Chili flakes
- A pinch of Salt
- Wash you rice and cook it.
- Grab some tofu, drain it and pat it dry.
- Heat up a pan and drizzle some oil in it. Place the tofu in, sear it.
- As the tofu is searing, take some brown sugar, dark soy sauce, ginger, salt and chili flakes. Mix it all together, as this is the sauce for the tofu.
- Once the tofu has seared, take the sauce for the tofu and pour it all over.
- When the rice has cooked, set it into a serving bowl, along with iceberg lettuce or any other green side such as cucumber. Take cooked tofu and place on top of the rice. Garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds.