I adore pasta. Whatever type of pasta I will be served, it will be gone within a second. Pasta is one of my favourite dishes especially pesto pasta. however, this dish is different as it is made from scratch rather than buying pre-made pesto. It is very refreshing and zingy which is perfect for the summer. This pasta took about 20 minutes to make and is so simple that it has became a go to dish for me. the ingredients and instructions are:
Time to cook: 30 Minutes
Vegan , Vegetarian
Meal Type: Dinner
- 150g of Penne pasta
- 1 Avocado
- 50g of Cashews
- 30g of Basil
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- A drizzle of Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Onion
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
- Wash your veggies and boil your pasta with some salt water.
- Chop up some onion and garlic, drizzle some oil into a pan. Once soften and slightly brown, place into a blender.
- Grab some avocado, slice it up and also place into blender along with some basil and cashews.
- Blend all the contents of the blender.
- Once the blender has created a sauce, heat it up in a pan.
- Drizzle some lemon juice into the sauce and remember to also add in the pasta water. Once it has heated through serve the pasta with the sauce. On top add some extra basil and cashews.