When it comes to BBQs, I am always and forever ready for them. What makes them even more great is the fact that they can be vegan too! I have taken the opportunity of summer being here to create vegan burgers. These burgers are filling and so simple to make.
Time to cook: 20 Mniutes
Vegan, Gluten free, Keto
Meal type: Dinner
- Sweet Potato
- Red bell pepper
- Garlic Granules
- Hot paprika
- Wash all of the veggies. Cut the sweet potato and eggplant into slices which will act as the buns of the burgers. Slice your mushrooms, onions and bell peppers too.
- For the eggplant burger: Mash up the chickpeas, create a burger patty shape. Take the eggplant, and season with spices; garlic granules, hot paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Place the sliced onion onto the sliced and spiced eggplant, then lay the chickpea patty. Take another slice of the eggplant and place it on top of the chickpea patty to create a burger. Lightly drizzle with some oil.
- For the half sweet potato burger: Take a sweet potato and spice it up, take the sliced mushrooms and onion, place those on top of the sweet potato. Take some oil and drizzle light on top.
- Place the pre-made burgers on the BBQ on a high temperature as well as any mushrooms and bell peppers that have not been used, as those will end up on the lettuce or as the sides.
- Flip the burgers and veggies mid way through cooking. Make sure that the veggies are not burnt but gently seared.
- Once everything has been cooked, serve with some more spices gently sprinkled on top. Use some mushrooms and peppers and place those into or on top of some lettuce.